Hospitality is at the heart of the gospel and is an important part of our community life at Woodstock. We hope that that hospitality shows itself in all sorts of ways, whether through the welcome we give to those who come on a Sunday or to our other regular activities, the offering of our buildings to the community, or special event we host during the year.
Those events have recently included:
- Cobblestones Café, an occasional happening when we open up our forecourt to serve tea and homemade cakes to those passing by;
- the Big Feast at Harvest;
- regular visits from pupils in Year 7 at the Marlborough School;
- the hosting of "The Christ we Share" exhibition;
- the hosting of exhibitions during Art in Woodstock;
- our regular Christian Aid Quiz night;
- tea for visiting church groups.
In addition, our premises continue to be well used and appreciated by the community. We are delighted to have regular bookings from the Bridge Club, Baby Yoga, French classes for pre-school children, the Women's Institute and various meetings or classes associated with the Woodstock Surgery. Our hall is also a popular venue for birthday parties and other social events while the church itself is often used by the Woodstock Bookshop or the Woodstock Literary Festival to host authors talking about their work.